Sunday, October 26, 2008

I DID IT! One Stitch At A Time.



Yeh!!! I finished climbing my mountain this week, Wed. Oct. 22nd. But instead of one step at a time, it was one stitch at a time. It took 160 hours of work to finish the quilting. A special thank you to those sisters who donated 33 hours of that time (Judy Rowley, Susan Hawkins, Lana Nielson, Michele Casper, Nancy Nielson, & Barb Winder). All I have left to do is finish machine sewing the binding on the outside edge & wrap it over the edge & hand stitch it on the front, which I will do as we are traveling to Utah next week. That will take some time, but much easier & faster than the hand quilting. These two pictures were taken after I finished the last stitches of the Salt Lake Temple (the temple itself & then the whole quilt spread out). The quilt is ivory on the front & sage green on the back.

3 comments:

Tomfam7 said...

I knew you would get it done, and with time to spare! Yipee!! It looks amazing. Can't wait to see you soon.
Sherri

Shanae said...

Mom,
you are so awesome!! Looks AMAZING! I know they will love it:)

janica said...

time to update mom